Join twenty-six wineries throughout Sonoma Valley for Savor Sonoma Valley, a premium wine and culinary experience taking place in just a few weeks. This idyllic stretch of valley and hills between the villages of Kenwood and Glen Ellen is known as the Heart of Sonoma Valley and during this weekend you can taste this region’s barrel and reserve wines paired with everything from Hot Dogs to Pizza to Wild Mushroom Polenta to Gelato. On March 15 and 16, enjoy this pastoral destination from 11 am to 4 pm each day.
Ticket prices are just $65 for both days or $50 for a Sunday-only pass (Designated Driver tickets are also available for $20 for both days or $10 for Sunday only). At the wineries, Savor Sonoma Valley attendees can sample scrumptious food pairings, meet the winemakers, peruse art from local artists and listen to live music.
Here are just some of the wine and food experiences waiting for you to enjoy that weekend:
- En Garde Winery will present a Chocolate and Bacon Extravaganza along with tastings of their highly anticipated Malbec and a delicious berry port, “Magdalena.”
- Eric Ross Winery will offer tastings of Sonoma Valley Mountain Cabernet as well as Albariño, Tempranillo, Grenache and Pinots which you can enjoy with tastes from a Mexican Food Truck.
- Little Vineyards Family Winery will be barrel tasting their Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon alongside delicious Italian fare featuring Mamma Tanino’s of Sonoma.
- Moondance Cellars will share tastes of Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and barrel samples of limited production Pinot Noir to guests but be sure to save some room for Chicago Hot Dogs.
- Pangloss Cellars will offer barrel samples of Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and a Tenacity Rhone Blend served next to wild mushroom polenta and hearty meatloaf by Heirloom Fine Food.
- Paradise Ridge Winery will be pouring their all-star wines from the Rockpile AVA with fresh hot gourmet pizzas featuring Kenwood’s newest restaurant, Palooza.
- VJB Vineyards & Cellars will welcome you to their Old World style piazza where you can sample Primitivo and Aglianico from the barrel as you savor homemade pasta and finish it off with a dish of handcrafted gelato.
Other participating wineries at the 2014 Savor Sonoma Valley include Arrowood Vineyards & Winery, Benziger Family Winery, Chateau St. Jean, Imagery Estate Winery, Kenwood Vineyards, Korbin Kameron, Mayo Family Winery, and Talisman Wines.
When you purchase your tickets, you will need to select a winery to begin at. Your “check-in” winery will have a wristband, souvenir wine glass, and event program waiting for you the weekend of the event. After you’ve checked in, you’ll be set to roam through the valley to any and all of your wineries of choice.
Savor Sonoma Valley is presented by the Heart of Sonoma Valley Winery Association, whose mission is to put a welcoming face on the pristine place they call home in the hopes that visitors and wine lovers will feel as passionate about this place as they do.