photo courtesy of Tom Jorgensen/Outside Lands
If you’re heading to Outside Lands next weekend in San Francisco, we want to make sure you know all about Wine Lands during the festival. That’s where you’ll find 48 wineries uncorking 125 different wines for your tasting pleasure including Ashes & Diamonds, Joel Gott and Long Meadow Ranch. With most of the wineries coming from Northern California, you’ll find a broad range of sparkling wines, white wines, rosés and red wines. You should also know that if you move quickly, you can also still buy tickets for one, two, or all three days at the August 9-11 Outside Lands festival.
Wine Director Peter Eastlake has been curating the offerings at Wine Lands for 12 years now, since the first Outside Lands. Formerly the Wine Director at Best Cellars Wine & Spirits in New York, and National Wine Buyer for Cost Plus, he is currently the owner of three wine stores in Berkeley (Vintage Berkeley College Avenue, Vintage Berkeley Vine Street and Solano Cellars), Therefore, he has had historical and ongoing exposure to delicious and well-crafted wines. He also knows about trends that are perfectly suited to a music festival so you’ll see beverages by the can from West + Wilder, Hoxie Spritzer, and Bushido Sake during the weekend.
Peter tries to keep the lineup fresh each year combining both new wineries and old favorites. If you’ve been to Wine Lands before, you’ll be interested to know that some of the new wineries pouring in 2019 will be Bonterra, Cellars 33, DAOU Vineyards, Elyse, Furthermore, LVE (Legend Vineyard Exclusive), Mazzocco Sonoma, Navarro and Pennyroyal Farm, No Fine Print, Ram’s Gate and Saison Cellar.
Have you heard about the SEVEN % SOLUTION? In 2012, Bergamot Wine Co. and a small group of winemakers got together to talk about the fact that only eight grape varieties comprised roughly 93% of grapevine acreage in the Northern California Appellations. Winemakers who are crafting delicious premium wines from the varietals that are grown on the remaining 7% have joined forces for an annual tasting celebrating these less-common varietals. If you missed the June 2019 event, you can enjoy participating wineries at Wine Lands, including Birichino, Gamling & McDuck, Gros Ventre, Horse & Plow, March Wines and Rootdown.
This year, for the first time at Outside Lands, Peter will also be curating an all-star Wine Lands selection for VIPs, with offerings including Falanghina and Gamay from Arnot-Roberts, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from Scribe, and Zinfandel and White Zinfandel from Turley Wine Cellars. The VIP bar will include Aperture, CrossBarn, and Lorenza, and offer a daily program of winemakers on hand to talk about their wines. To see the complete listing of wineries, please go here.
–> please click here to continue reading –>