We love to attend food and wine events, and there are plenty to find in wine country (and sometimes outside of wine country). Our focus here is on events that involve multiple wineries and multiple food purveyors.
Sometimes these are regional events, where you purchase a ticket that provides you exclusive access into the wineries that are participating (and providing food at the same time). Sometimes these are centralized events, where you go to one location, and a many different wineries and/or food purveyors have joined together under a common theme to share their products with you. Some events are one day only, some are weekend events, and some last for several days.
All of these events are usually a lot of fun and a great way to revisit old favorites and/or find new discoveries. Based on our personal experiences, here is our advice on attending the following:
- A Wine and Food Affair (November; Russian River, Alexander, and Dry Creek Valleys)
- Family Winemakers of California Tasting (August; San Francisco)
- Passport to Dry Creek Valley (April; Dry Creek Valley)
- Santa Fe Wine & Chile Fiesta (September; Santa Fe)
- TAPAS Grand Wine Tasting (June; San Francisco)
- Taste of Alexander Valley (May; Alexander Valley)
- Taste of Mendocino (June; San Francisco)
- ZAP Festival (January; San Francisco Bay Area)